Recipe: Kristin Cavallari’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
Learn how to make Kristin Cavallari’s delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip, a recipe featured in her upcoming cookbook, True Roots, which will be released in the spring of 2018. Yum!
Kristin Cavallari’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
Serves 4 to 6
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon very finely chopped garlic
4 cups packed spinach
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup plain sheep’s milk yogurt
¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 can full-fat coconut milk, unshaken or ¼ cup coconut cream
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
Crackers, preferably gluten-free, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer onions to a plate and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Add artichokes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
4. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, and pepper to skillet; stir to combine. Add the thick cream layer from coconut milk or coconut cream and bring to a boil. Discard or reserve coconut milk for another use.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder with 1 tablespoon water. Add to skillet and stir until well combined; stir in reserved onions.
6. Transfer spinach mixture to an 8-by-8-inch ovenproof dish and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Preheat broiler, and transfer dish to broiler until top is golden and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving with your favorite crackers.