Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist: Reese’s Piece O’ Bliss Fudge
Thanks to her peanut-buttery and chocolaty fudge, Joanna Crumley was chosen as a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off for Sweet + Simple Desserts. And lucky for us, she shared her potentially award-winning recipe (made with Reese’s and you can make it at home.
Reese’s Piece O’ Bliss Fudge
1 (16-ounce) package Pillsbury™ Big Deluxe™ Reese’s™ mini pieces refrigerated peanut butter cookies (12 cookies)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 slices
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup whole milk
3 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 (1.5-ounce) packages Reese’s™ Stuffed with Pieces peanut butter cups, each cut into 8 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cookie dough rounds in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square pan. Bake until edges are deep golden brown, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
3. To make fudge layer, place butter in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High until melted, 45 to 60 seconds. Whisk in brown sugar, cocoa, and milk until well blended. Microwave until mixture comes to a boil, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
4. Pour fudge mixture over baked crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle with candy wedge pieces. Cool 10 minutes.
5. Cover and refrigerate until set, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!