Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist: Poblano Shrimp Flatbread
Chosen as a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off for Winning Weeknight Dinners, Andrea Espinoza has created a flatbread that’s a definite dinnertime winner. Roast the chiles ahead of time to make the flatbread in hurry.
Poblano Shrimp Flatbread
2 medium poblano chiles (about 5 inches long)
Nonstick cooking spray
6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
12 uncooked extra-large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined, and tail shells removed
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (11-ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated thin pizza crust
1/2 cup Mexican crema
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1(15.25-ounce) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place chiles on baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until skin blackens and blisters, about 5 minutes on each side. Wrap blackened chiles in foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees. Move oven rack to middle position. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring frequently, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet. Place on paper towel-lined plate; reserve drippings in skillet. Add shrimp to drippings in skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Place shrimp on paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
3. Unroll the pizza crust onto a baking sheet. Starting at center, press into a 15×10-inch rectangle. Bake until light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Gently rub chiles with paper towel to remove as much skin as possible. Cut top from each chile and remove seeds. Cut chiles into 1/4-inch strips.
5. Spread crema over crust to within 1/2-inch of edges. Top with cheese, roasted chiles, corn, bacon, and shrimp.
6. Bake until golden brown and shrimp is cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!