Elise Wims’ Autumn Mushroom and Kale Frittata
Hell’s Kitchen All Stars chef Elise Wims has the perfect breakfast or brunch treat that’s a tasty way to blend more veggies into your meal.
Autumn Mushroom and Kale Frittata
12 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups exotic mushroom blend
1/8 cup fresh thyme
3 cups Tuscan Kale, thinly sliced
½ cup shaved asiago cheese
1. Set a rack 6 inches from top of broiler and preheat to high.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs until slightly frothy; season with ¾ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Heat oil in an 8-inch round cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add thyme and continue to cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Stir in kale and remaining ¾ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon salt; cook until kale is wilted, about 30 seconds.
4. Add eggs to skillet. Slowly stir to combine and swirl skillet so that the runny parts of the egg hit the pan until eggs are lightly set, about 2 minutes. Add cheese.
5. Transfer skillet to broil; broil until cheese is softened and golden-brown spots appear on egg mixture. Carefully slide frittata onto a plate; serve.
Get more delicious recipes by visiting Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!