Martina McBride’s Herb and Cheese Spirals
Country music superstar Martina McBride stopped by Pickler & Ben to share her most tried-and-true party planning tips! She showed Ben and Kellie how to make her Herb and Cheese Spirals — the perfect cocktail party appetizer straight out of Martina’s book Around The Table.
Herb and Cheese Spirals
Makes 32 spirals
8 ounces goat cheese, softened
¼ cup finely grated Asiago cheese
1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
All-purpose flour, for work surface
1 sheet puff pastry (from one 17.3-ounce package), slightly defrosted
½ teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese, Asiago, chives, and pepper.
3. Lightly flour work surface. Place one pastry sheet on prepared work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Spread cheese mixture evenly over puff pastry.
4. Starting from each short side of pastry, roll each side towards the center. Carefully slice through the space where the two rolls meet to create two separate spiral logs. Transfer to freezer and chill for 20 minutes.
5. Remove pastry logs from freezer and cut each log into 16 slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Transfer to oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Serve.
Find more recipes and cooking demos right here on PicklerandBen.com!