Jamika Pessoa’s Lobster Deviled Eggs
Want to add a little egg-citement to your next get-together? Look no further than these impressive and indulgent deviled eggs, created by Celebrity Chef & Professional Party Starter Jamika Pessoa, which make the ideal appetizer to serve at your next shindig.
Lobster Deviled Eggs
6 large eggs
2 (4- to 6-ounces) lobster tails
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
Hot sauce, to taste
Paprika, for garnish
Fresh chives, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, place eggs. Cover with enough cold water to cover eggs. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add lobster tails and cover with lid. Remove from heat and let rest 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Transfer eggs and lobster to an ice bath and submerge for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove lobster tails from shells. Cut into 12 thin slices.
4. In a mason jar filled with a little water, shake 1 egg to easily remove shells. Repeat with remaining eggs. Alternatively, peel eggs under cold water.
5. Slice eggs in half and add yolks to a medium-sized bowl. Arrange whites on a platter.
6. In bowl with yolks, add yogurt, mustard, vinegar, curry powder, salt, sugar, and several dashes hot sauce, to taste. Mix until smooth and creamy.
7. Spoon or pipe (using a plastic bag) filling into eggs whites. Sprinkle each with a pinch of paprika. Arrange 1 slice lobster at an angle over each egg. Top with chives.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!