Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist: Dublin Cheeseboard-Stuffed Appetizer Bread
Melissa Jollands was chosen as a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off for Appetizers for Any Party with her fun take on a cheeseboard. To give the loaves a glossy sheen, brush with an egg wash before baking.
Dublin Cheeseboard-Stuffed Appetizer Bread
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (11-ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated French bread
4 ounce Irish white cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
4 ounce sliced hard salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 ounce honey goat (chèvre) cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 cup arugula
1 cup fig preserves
1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
2. Place French bread dough on work surface. Cut in half crosswise to make 2 (6-inch) loaves. Make lengthwise cut down center of each loaf to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Carefully pull apart dough and press to make 2 (7×5-inch) rectangles.
3. Top each rectangle with cheddar cheese, salami, and goat cheese to within 1/2 inch of edges. Bring long sides together over filling; pinch and roll top edge down to seal seam. Pinch and turn ends under loaves to seal. Place loaves in pan. Lightly brush loaves with water. Sprinkle with almonds and sea salt; press lightly to adhere.
4. Bake until golden brown, 26 to 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
5. On a serving board or a large platter, arrange arugula. Spoon preserves into small bowl and place on board. Cut loaves into 1-inch slices and arrange over arugula. Place apricots around bread slices on board.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!