Andrew Zimmern Shares Details About His New Book – and a Lollipop Recipe!
Andrew Zimmern creates more than delicious delights. The Bizarre Foods host and chef just released AZ and The Lost City of Ophir, an adventure book for young kids. Best of all, proceeds from the book go to the No Kid Hungry organization that helps feed hungry children across the country.
AZ and the Lost City of Ophir isn’t just a fun story with time traveling and exploring – it also has recipes! Including the one below for a sweet treat.
Pick up AZ and The Lost City of Ophir now on Amazon!
Ruby Red Tablet Lollipops
Makes 12 lollipops
Wear protective eyewear and start with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil, as it can be strong. And remember to be extremely careful when pouring hot sugar. If cinnamon isn’t your favorite, use a different oil to make these lollipops. The options are endless.
12 (4-inch) lollipop sticks
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
6 drops red food coloring
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange the lollipop sticks on the baking sheet, about 4 inches apart.
2. In a small heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, whisking, until the sugar has dissolved. Cover and boil the syrup for 1 minute.
3. Uncover and increase the heat to medium-high. Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until it reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the food coloring and cinnamon oil. Carefully spoon the syrup into 3-inch puddles over the top half of each lollipop stick. Let cool completely.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!