4 Mother’s Day Breakfast Treats from Camila Alves
Camila Alves knows that Mother’s Day is about showing gratitude to the mom in your life. Start Mother’s Day off right by showing them your love with a delicious breakfast!
For more recipes, DIY projects, home decor tips and more, head to Camila Alves’ lifestyle website Women of Today.
Egg in a Heart
1 slice thick-cut bread
2 tablespoons salted butter, divided
1 large egg
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh chives, thinly sliced, for garnish
Hot sauce, for garnish
1. Spread 1 tablespoon butter on both sides of bread. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart in the center of bread and set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter. When melted, add bread. Let brown, about 1 minute. Flip and let brown, about 1 minute.
3. Gently add egg to center of the heart. Reduce heat and partially cover. Cook until set, about 4 to 5 minutes, basting with melted butter from pan.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chives and hot sauce, if desired.
Heart-Shaped Eggs and Toast
Unsalted butter, for the pan
Nonstick cooking spray, for the cookie cutter
2 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a buttered nonstick frying pan over low to medium heat, place a large heart-shape cookie cutter in center of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Crack two eggs in center of the cookie cutter. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, cover with a lid to speed up cook time. Cook until yolks are firm.
3. Remove heart-shaped egg and on a flat surface, press a small cookie cutter into the center. Remove small heart-shaped egg. Using the same small heart-shaped cookie cutter, press into the bread. Insert small toast into the heart opening of the heart-shaped egg.
Baked Bacon Roses
Makes 8 roses
Note: You will need toothpicks and wooden skewers for these darling, edible roses. To make these look even more professional, use green flower tape to secure the stems of the leaves around the skewer.
1 package thick-cut sliced bacon
1 cup fresh spinach leaves or another leafy green
1. Make the bacon roses: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set a rack on the lined baking sheet.
2. Roll one piece bacon into a tight roll. Secure the bottom of the roll with two toothpicks, forming an X, and place on the rack. Repeat for desired number of “roses.”
3. Transfer to oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 1 hour.
4. Let cool slightly, gently remove the toothpicks. Gently slide a few spinach leaves over the sharp end of a skewer. Then carefully insert sharp end skewer into the bottom of the rose to create at “rose stem.” Serve immediately.
Cupid’s Arrows (Fruit Skewers)
1 bunch green grapes
1 pint strawberries, hulled
Pineapple chunks, cut into triangles
1. Thread grapes onto sharp end of skewer, about 4 to 5, depending on length of skewer.
2. Add a strawberry onto the point of the skewer, starting with the stem-side so it creates a heart shape.
3. Finish with one pineapple chunk, so it looks like the end of an arrow.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!