3 Recipes That Will Make You Feel 10 Years Younger
Wellness expert Kelly LeVeque shares three anti-aging recipes that not only taste good, but are good for you! These meals aid with inflammation and promote elasticity in the skin, among myriad other health benefits.
For more of Kelly’s recipes, check out her cookbook Body Love.
Anti-Inflammatory Detox Salad
Here’s Kelly’s recipe for a salad filled with plenty of leafy greens and veggies for vitamin K and magnesium. This salad is tailor made to make you feel great. Add four ounces of chicken, salmon, or shrimp for a full meal.
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
4 cups mixed baby spinach and kale
1 or 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
6 to 8 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup microgreens
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, turmeric, lemon juice, and honey until well combined. Toss spinach and kale, cucumbers, asparagus, microgreens, avocado, parsley, cilantro, and dill in dressing until coated.
Warm Chia Flaxseed Pudding
Serves 1 to 2
This tasty and good-for-you pudding includes collagen to increase collagen production for skin, joints and bone, as well as fiber and vitamin C to aid in collagen production. It’s really that good!
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
2 cups coconut milk or almond milk, divided
3 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
3 tablespoons hemp hearts
4 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/4 cup mixed fresh berries
1 serving Primal Kitchen Vanilla Collagen Fuel Protein or 3 stevia drops
1. In a medium nonstick fry pan over medium heat, add ghee, 1 cup of coconut milk, chia seed, flax, and hemp hearts. Using a silicon spatula or wooden spoon, continuously stir all ingredients until pudding is thick about, 3 minutes.
2. Transfer to a bowl and stir in collagen fuel protein, if using for sweetener. Serve warm and top with pecans, hemp seeds, berries, and remaining 1 cup coconut milk.
Kelly recommends swapping your cup of coffee for this soothing alternative a few times per week. Containing turmeric and ginger, which provide anti-inflammatory properties, this drink is a great way to start your day.
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
1 teaspoon organic turmeric
1 tablespoon organic minced ginger
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Stevia drops, to taste
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, and pepper 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in almond milk until reaches a slight boil. Add stevia, if using.
2. Transfer to a blender and blend to emulsify, if desired.
Get more delicious recipes by heading to Pickler & Ben’s Recipe Archive!